Monday, March 4, 2013

Meatless Mondays

My New Years resolution for 2013 was to start participating in Meatless Mondays, which helps lower cholesterol and conserve natural resources to reduce our carbon footprint! Between that and the Prius, we are definitely doing our part. Joe is not a fan of Meatless Monday, but he also doesn't cook, so he has been forced into it. You can learn more about the health and environmental benefits of the Meatless Monday movement here, and then you can join in and share recipes with me.

This week, we had an intense vegetarian meal. We didn't really like it, because neither of us like beets (now confirmed) and I don't like sweet potatoes (already knew it), and Joe doesn't like celery root (now confirmed.) 


veggies everywhere


It was a fancy looking dish though!


Michelin 5 star presentation???


I got the recipe from my new favorite website, thefirstmess.com. Since I have been exploring vegetarian options lately, I have kind of become obsessed and stopped eating meat regularly. I'm trying to get Joe on the bandwagon, but he is resisting. Click here for our favorite recipe so far - oregano-roasted-brassica-salad. He said he wanted to eat it every week! I want to eat it for every meal. It's seriously delicious. We have tried this warm brussels sprouts toss with maple and paprika too, and I loved it (Joe liked it.) Tons more to try on this awesome website, I will let you know how they turn out! Peace and Love, players.

No comments:

Post a Comment